If you have been here before you might have noticed my love for shiny fringe items…maybe here or here. So it’s no surprise I’ve been lusting after the Confetti System garland since I discovered it last year. I must have reblogged and pinned every photo featuring Confetti Systems I came across. Yup…completely in love. So when I was thinking about how to decorate the Haberdash photo booth for Orchid Grey’s wedding, it was the first thing I wanted to custom make for her.
Step by step instructions:
1. Pick out your materials. It can be fabric, paper or flagging tape like I used.
2. Cut your materials into piles of 10-20 strips, any length you want (mine are about 2 feet).
3. If using fabric or thick material cut your piece with slits up the fabric leaving a inch on the top (like on a missing cat poster) Never lost a cat? Example.
4. Twist your strips in the middle they will start to twist around each other and create a loop. up. The secure with a tie, elastic, staple or glue (I used tiny clear hair elastics from Sallys Beauty Supply). If you are using the cat poster method just roll your fabric across the top and secure the same way.
5. Find some string, leftover pieces of fabric or paper to attach you pom pom to your rope. Spread your pom poms out on the rope in the color order you want.
6.Hang your garland.
I’m really happy with the way it came out. Although I still have the real thing on my wish list. If you are not very crafty or not allowed to play with sharp objects you can purchase Confetti Systems here or read thier blog here.
Post Edit:I just wanted to add a photo of Julie’s Wedding photo booth: